Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Success back in Milan

Reba and Verl were able to change train reservations so we say goodbye and safe travels.  We head for our hotel we still have several hours and a trip to the top of the dromo is in order, no stairs just the lift.  Although there are more than enough stairs when we get to the top!

Plenty of time to eat even ordered room service and get ready; at about 6:50 I look at the tickets for the opera, oops starts at 7:00 PM and it is pouring rain. We get there and they are kind enough to seat us in a box and we can move to our seats at intermission.  I liked the box seats better!  It is a truly amazing venue and they do interesting things with projections on the back of the stage to show depth and location changes.

In the morning we travel to Bologna.  I am thinking an early night since the opera started at 7 PM and our train leaves at 6 AM.  How wrong I was.  The opera finished at 11:45 PM.  Almost 5 hours with 2 intermissions, at least the rain has stopped.  The opera was very doable since there was a screen with an English translation of the dialogue.  Next morning at 4:30 AM is going to be hard, but we actually understand the Milan train station so our confusion won't delay us and we can sleep on the 1 hour train ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment